Technology continues to deliver excellence and performance to modern-day businesses. Enterprises globally are keen to adopt technology to scale their business.
Digital transformation results in improved processes, better customer experience, growing revenues, and so on. It enables businesses to stay competitive and relevant.
After the pandemic, the healthcare sector has jumped on the digital bandwagon.
- Hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, and diagnostic centers have tapped into the digital health market, which is expected to hit 426.9 billion (USD) by 2027.
- Telemedicine, AI-enabled medical devices, and blockchain electronic healthcare records are all examples of digital transformation in healthcare.
- Healthcare providers have transformed the way they interact and share the data with service providers, and how they make decisions about treatment plans.
Healthcare institutions and pharmaceutical companies have reaped the benefits of digital transformation to further their businesses.
Here are some of the compelling reasons why healthcare services should seek digital transformation.
1. Improved safety
Ensuring the safety and sanctity of digital medical records is a big concern area for healthcare providers. The digital service providers deliver custom solutions that help reduce human errors and minimize risks. For example:
- Instant sharing of medical records between doctors and facilities can make the emergency room experience less traumatic.
- Physicians get easy access to patients’ medical histories in one place makes their work easier and more convenient.
We all know that medical data needs to be extremely secure, and that’s a major reason why so many doctors and hospitals are still reluctant to adopt digital health solutions.
With a carefully crafted digital strategy and transformation, there are minuscule opportunities for hackers to get into your data.
2. Reduced costs and enhanced value
Going digital can reduce your costs on activities including marketing, training programs for employees, and maintaining an IT infrastructure. These savings can be passed on to patients.
Moreso, a company that’s technology-friendly has a higher value vis-a-vis competitors who aren’t. Don’t forget that it could also make you more attractive to investors and lenders.
3. Increased Accuracy
The chances to determine the illness increases exponentially when digital systems are involved. Digital systems and connected devices can host patients’ entire medical records, including lab results, physical exams, even x-rays.
Additionally, dependencies on third parties — like a specialist or lab — for information can be eliminated.
4. Reduced Waiting Times
Digitalization reduces waiting time dramatically. People used to take appointments weeks in advance. However, it is increasingly common for doctors now to operate on a walk-in basis, or even remotely.
This is great news for both patients and providers, who can operate more efficiently as a result.
Some other common benefits digitalization can offer to the healthcare industry:
- Seamless coordination (between doctor-patient)
- Automated administrative tasks
- Access to real-time information
- Collaborative studies and research
- Ease of online appointments
- Improved patient management
- Supercharged hospital evaluations
- Improved clinical conclusions
We’ve only touched on a few benefits here. Digital transformation can create far more efficiencies and cost savings. Everything from patient engagement to hospital operations will be changed by digital transformation; it truly is an exciting time to be alive.
Innovation is the key when it comes to digital transformation. The main goal is to streamline physicians’ work, optimize systems, improve patient outcomes, reduce human error, and lower costs through incredible web and mobile experiences.
That said, it can be overwhelming to keep up with the digital transformation of healthcare. It is difficult for healthcare businesses to determine which emerging technologies are worth investing in. It is even hard to get the staff on board with the change.
You need to be flexible and open to taking risks to adapt to the digital age. It is important to let go of old business practices and believe that disruption will bring about big changes.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below! If you want to embark on the journey of transformation and take your healthcare business to the next level, fill out this form.