Agencies that Build #4 – Interactivity & Connectivity | Phillip Tiongson
This time we’ve got a rather intense session on interactivity and connectivity. Joining us in the ATB virtual booth is Phillip Tiongson, Founder and CEO of Potion, an independent studio dedicated to transforming the world of interactivity. The team of ATB comprised Varun Bihani and Casey Cheshire.
Philip shared some great insights about the world that exists at the intersection of physical and digital. We’ll get to that part but first, let’s bust some myths.
- We have just as much value and connection from miles away as opposed to being in a physical place at the same time.
- If it’s free, it ain’t valuable
Phillip started with how he got into the business of designing interactive experiences. He tells us with his personal stories that determined his trajectory to become the founder/CEO, Potion, one of the most unconventional agencies in New York.
Unlike the agencies that have shown up on our previous episodes, Potion’s sites exist in a physical plane rather than a digital one. Which presents a different set of challenges in every aspect of running a business during a pandemic.
Varun was quick to get the ball rolling with one of the ATB classics.
So, how do you acquire new clients in a socially distanced pandemic?
To which Phillip added:
It’s all about the existing relationships; with your partners, competition, and clients. When starting a new and important project, you always turn to the people you trust the most. You have to nurture these relationships and invest in them. Because like we all say in this pandemic, we did business with people with whom we have engaged on some level, instead of a stranger.
Apart from the business side of the topic, the trio went on to discuss the present use cases and the future of interactivity.
TL;DR | Takeaways for Interactivity and Connectivity
- How do we communicate our unique value in a way that scales, is surprising, is reciprocal, and truly accessible? These four qualities are important to keep in mind with the call for connection in a technologically demanding environment.
- The physical world is rich with sensory interactions. However, that does not mean the digital world does not have a deep impact as well. Digital interactions have the power to cultivate metamorphic experiences through design and storytelling.
- The relationships that you build with partners, whether they are collaborators, competitors, or clients, are where new business comes from.
- In the future, how we relate to each other is going to evolve. “I think of Zoom right now as the iPhone 1. This is going to explode into many different special use cases and expressions…on how we send ourselves [digitally].”
- Career advise from Phillip Tiongson – It is easy to mistake achievement for enjoying your work. Take time to appreciate everything and everyone around you.
About Galaxy WeblinksWe specialize in human-centric user experience design services to our clients across the globe. Our innovative ideas, creative designs, industry best practices, and processes help us improve user satisfaction and solve complex design problems. Contact us for a free consultation!
Here at Galaxy Weblinks, we realize it can be tough to balance high impact app development while also staying afloat in a weak global economy.…Company News
In this episode of Agencies That Build, we have with us Chad Pytel, Founder, and COO of thoughtbot. It’s a group of designers and developers…Company News Updates
In this episode of Agencies That Build we invited Michael Coogan, the President and Managing Partner of MC2 Design Group Inc., a strategic and digital…Company News Updates
In this episode of ‘Agencies That Build’ we are discussing cultivating successful teams in remote settings with Jim Babcock, President, SPM Services Inc. He also…Company News Updates
We’re back with the fifth episode of Agencies That Build. Joining Casey & Varun for this super insightful session is Ben Callhan, Founder of the…Company News Updates
In this episode of Agencies That Build we are in conversation with Carl Smith, Owner, The Bureau of Digital. This organization trains upcoming leaders and…Company News Updates
Hey! We’re back again with the brand-new episode of Agencies That Build. This time around helping Casey with his hosting duties is Varun from Galaxy…Company News Updates
Building robust web solutions that transform businesses into online management tools facilitate Galaxy Weblinks to embellish amongst the top web service providers in Massachusetts at…Company News
In this ever-changing and highly competitive technological landscape, people swear by the Hustle Mentality. “One needs to work 18 hours a day to be successful”.…Company News Updates
Galaxy Weblinks, a leading technology consulting firm, acquired Biz Solutions 365, last month. The much expected announcement came amid the news of partial lift of…Company News
Here at Galaxy Weblinks, we know it’s difficult to promote and sustain your brand-new company’s success while also creating new and innovative solutions for your…Company News
Here at Galaxy Weblinks, we believe that top notch web development and mobile apps are required to fuel successful companies and amazing digital strategy. We…Company News