Agencies That Build #7 – The Road To Model Messaging | Michael Coogan
In this episode of Agencies That Build we invited Michael Coogan, the President and Managing Partner of MC2 Design Group Inc., a strategic and digital marketing agency. MC2 works as integrated partners with clients to plan, execute, and achieve business goals.
Michael is an avid reader, and he believes in continuous learning. So get your pen and paper ready because this episode has some very practical takeaways for getting your messaging right, self-growth, leadership and bonus of good book recommendations.
Let’s start with some Myth busting.
- You need to have a higher education to be a successful entrepreneur.
- You need to have letters behind your name to prove that you are smart.
Like Michael we’re also firm believers of continuous learning. And being in the software design and development industry, learning is the only thing that has been constant in this space for us.
One of the learnings that we are taking from this session is that it’s critical to know what you want to say about what you’re building even before starting your business. One way to do it is by asking questions like:
- Who are you?
- What is the problem that you’re trying to solve?
It’ll help you get your team on the same page, philosophically.
Rolling up his sleeves Michael also shared some best practices:
- Document meetings (Use tools like Otter to transcribe if you’re bad at note taking)
- Figure out what to say and then communicate your message to the clients with consistency and confidence
This blog is just the tip of the iceberg, for more listen to Michael, Casey, and Varun discussing messaging, agencies, books and more on our Podcast or tune in to our YouTube channel to get the full coverage of the session.
TL;DR | Takeaways for The Road To Model Messaging
- We spend so much time mindlessly taking in content. Why not take that time and put it towards something meaningful to you. “If we spend 15 minutes a day reading on a topic that we want to get better on and take a few notes, then that knowledge compounds over time.” ~Michael Coogan
- It is easy to build a list of things you need to do for your business, but focusing on what to say is where things start to move forward. Uniting messaging across departments is key to building value for the customers.
- Unite your team under the same philosophies. This will give them a basis of how their language and messaging with clients should be.
- Outsourced partners are great for specializing projects, especially when there are spikes in business. This builds your network while not having to sacrifice the quality of your product.
- Build a framework that you can teach your team in order to build a StoryBrand. Clients look for companies that will guide them through the process.
- Career advice from Michael Coogan, life is fair because it is unfair to everybody. However, we have the opportunity to choose how we react to things and our attitude.
About Galaxy WeblinksWe specialize in human-centric user experience design services to our clients across the globe. Our innovative ideas, creative designs, industry best practices, and processes help us improve user satisfaction and solve complex design problems. Contact us for a free consultation!
Here at Galaxy Weblinks, we realize it can be tough to balance high impact app development while also staying afloat in a weak global economy.…Company News
In this episode of Agencies That Build, we have with us Chad Pytel, Founder, and COO of thoughtbot. It’s a group of designers and developers…Company News Updates
In this episode of ‘Agencies That Build’ we are discussing cultivating successful teams in remote settings with Jim Babcock, President, SPM Services Inc. He also…Company News Updates
We’re back with the fifth episode of Agencies That Build. Joining Casey & Varun for this super insightful session is Ben Callhan, Founder of the…Company News Updates
This time we’ve got a rather intense session on interactivity and connectivity. Joining us in the ATB virtual booth is Phillip Tiongson, Founder and CEO…Company News Updates
In this episode of Agencies That Build we are in conversation with Carl Smith, Owner, The Bureau of Digital. This organization trains upcoming leaders and…Company News Updates
Hey! We’re back again with the brand-new episode of Agencies That Build. This time around helping Casey with his hosting duties is Varun from Galaxy…Company News Updates
Building robust web solutions that transform businesses into online management tools facilitate Galaxy Weblinks to embellish amongst the top web service providers in Massachusetts at…Company News
In this ever-changing and highly competitive technological landscape, people swear by the Hustle Mentality. “One needs to work 18 hours a day to be successful”.…Company News Updates
Galaxy Weblinks, a leading technology consulting firm, acquired Biz Solutions 365, last month. The much expected announcement came amid the news of partial lift of…Company News
Here at Galaxy Weblinks, we know it’s difficult to promote and sustain your brand-new company’s success while also creating new and innovative solutions for your…Company News
Here at Galaxy Weblinks, we believe that top notch web development and mobile apps are required to fuel successful companies and amazing digital strategy. We…Company News