Selecting the right QA tool from a list of the most popular ones is difficult. Your operational scope defines your testing needs. Getting it right will go a long way in the success of your organization.
Earlier we talked about how you can prep your webapp for the worst case scenarios. This list of QA tools based on the size and scope of your business will help you through the testing process.
The New Players in the Field- Startups
When someone says startup, you picturize few people juggling multiple tasks .
When you’re a startup, a tight budget and lack of experience makes testing a last priority on the SDLC. Your product’s stability is at stake if no testing is involved. To ensure the product’s stability you can use these automation testing tools:
- Ranorex- Ranorex gives an all-inclusive framework for testing of desktop, web, and mobile applications. It has a friendly GUI beneficial for beginners. And has a fully developed IDE for the automation pros as well.
- Helix ALM- Previously known as TestTrack, Helix ALM is developed by Perforce. It provides application life-cycle management. The software allows developers to manage requirements, defects, issues, and testing during software development.
- Katalon Studio- It is a complete automation solution for the testing of web, API, and mobile apps. Built on top of Appium and Selenium automation frameworks. It can be used by people from the technical or non-technical background.
- LambdaTest- It is a leading cross browser test automation tool. You can perform tests on 2000+ browsers ensuring that the end user gets the same experience across all browsers and operating systems.
Players honing their skills- SMEs
As an SME organisation, centralized knowledge of software causes hindrance in team processes. The integration process with the current software leads to disruption in the working environment. Some QA tools facilitating easy integration are:
- Jenkins- Jenkins comes with many plugins which facilitates automating any task. It can be used for project building, bug detection, analysis of code, et al.
- Travis- It is one of the leading continuous integration tools available in the market with clients like Facebook, Mozilla, and Twitter. It automates the process of software testing and applications deployment and integrates your GitHub projects.
- Shippable- Shippable’s main purpose is to act as a single platform for continuous integration, automation, and deployment. It gives custom reports for code coverage. Shippable works with C/C++, Java, and cloud providers like Amazon and Google.
- TestCollab- TestCollab offers all-in-one platform for an application’s testing. Testcollab can be integrated with bug trackers and test automation tools. It helps in creating projects, setting milestones, test cases, and analyzing the test results. It supports two-way integration with issue tracking systems like JIRA and Redmine.
- TeamCity- TeamCity from Jetbrains is an intelligent CI server solution for software organizations of all sizes. Its easy to set up and simple to use. It has a gamut of features designed for developers like intuitive foundation, detailed reports, and new builds. This aids in increasing the overall productivity of the teams.
Established players : Large Entreprises
QA engineers at enterprises agree that decentralization hinders their working to some extent. There are software performing similar functions leading to duplication of information. And for some functions there is no suitable software. These diversified needs call for a holistic software. Some of the software which will help in solving such problems are:
- Selenium- Selenium can automate across OS like Windows, Linux and browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE. It can be written in C#,Java Python and Ruby.
- Silk Central- Silk Central is a test management tool which supports test planning, execution and reporting. It can be used by software organization of all types and sizes. It helps in driving collaboration and control in the whole testing process.
- TestRail- It is a quality assurance and test management tool used by QA teams for organizing, managing, and tracking software testing process.
- Zephyr- Zephyr gives real time reports from the integration of various testing tools. Using Zephyr with JIRA allows creation of test and its execution according to the testing cycle.
- qTest- qTest helps in bringing structure and efficiency into the automation process.Teams spread across the globe can be easily coordinated with effortless creation and deployment of tasks.
All in all, testing is about being cautious and…
Prevention is always better than cure.
Testing tools are equipped with all the precautions you need for a flawless product release. We know how it feels when your software fails in production. Ping us here to know how we fail-proof our software and how can we do it for you.
By Aaditya Mandloi | Categories:Galaxy Apps,Others,QA,Web | Comments closed
About Galaxy WeblinksWe specialize in human-centric user experience design services to our clients across the globe. Our innovative ideas, creative designs, industry best practices, and processes help us improve user satisfaction and solve complex design problems. Contact us for a free consultation!
Developers use Text Editors, also known as code editors, for editing programming code. These editors basically contain features like quick navigation, syntax highlighting, automatic indenting,…App Developement Web
Your business is growing and your team is doing their best to meet the tight deadlines and increased workload. You may be exploring the idea…App Developement Web
Voice search is at its peak in popularity among millions of users. According to an OC&C Strategy Consultants market research, Voice Shopping is projected grow…Ecommerce Web
Hello (Inserts your First name), All of us have received emails/ sms notifications, social media ads, that are sharing offers and discounts on the products…Ecommerce Web
The recently released WordPress 5.4 ‘Adderley’ update has got a lot to look forward to! Since this highly popular CMS ditched its classic editor for…CMS Web
The sudden change in lifestyles; professional and otherwise, has made remote work critical for many fields around the world, including UX testing. Remote user testing…Best Practices QA
When you’re looking to outsource, you probably spend a lot of the project’s time in finding that “right partner”. What if we tell you that…QA Testing
Modern technology has two problems: Devices have too many integrated features and everything is smaller. A good implementation of more-than-what’s-necessary features can give some users…App Developement Others Web
What is common between Pinterest, Tinder, Uber, Trivago, and Airbnb? All these companies experienced a surge in their product’s performance, user-engagement, and conversions by going…Mobile PWA Web
Kotlin has emerged as both substitute and supplement to C++ and Java. In 2018, the language had over 96,000 repositories on GitHub and had already…App Developement Galaxy Apps Others Web
When you think of hotspots for tech, don’t zero in on Silicon Valley just yet. According to Expert Market, Boston is one of the top…Galaxy Apps Internet Marketing Others Web
The experience of Disneyland is always an awe-inspiring one. No matter how many miles you have walked, you are always up for another Pirates of…Galaxy Apps Others Product Development Web
Google Play set out many criteria in their app guidelines that you need to follow. These changes may cause some issues as you try to…Galaxy Apps Mobile Others Web
Leading the AR revolution, industrial enterprises are experiencing improved ROI through AR-optimized supply chain. Enterprise sector is using AR across other functions such as product design…AR Galaxy Apps Others Web
Apple in its annual WWDC made some game changing announcements like a new Mac Pro, an exclusive OS for iPad, iOS 13 release, new Apple…Apple Galaxy Apps Others Web
At the time of an unsuccessful product deployment, you might ask yourself. “What went wrong with the product delivery?” The simple answer lies in configuration…Galaxy Apps Others Product Development Web
You might be familiar with Murphy’s law which says ‘Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong’. Software isn’t immune to that. But that’s often…Galaxy Apps Others QA Web
When you look at the respective market share of both the CMSs, WordPress has a clear edge over Craft CMS with 81.9% market share to a…CMS Galaxy Apps Others Web
Angular 6, released earlier in May 2018 didn’t offer much improvements on the performance part. It was mainly focused on making Angular migration-friendly. Google dropped…Frontend Galaxy Apps Others Web
Magento announced that it is pulling the plug on Magento 1 in April 2017 at the ‘Meet Magento’ conference in Prague. The announcement caused a…Ecommerce Galaxy Apps Others Web
Building a WordPress website? The WordPress community provides you with plenty of options. You can either make an easy one using WordPress themes or a…Galaxy Apps Others Web Website Development
Facebook has finally decided to monetize WhatsApp. Earlier this month, on August 1, Facebook rolled its long-in-development WhatsApp Business API for medium to large businesses.…Galaxy Apps Others Web
Craft CMS’s consistency can be seen in its regular updates & latest features. Matrix is one of those early features that helped Craft dominate the…CMS Galaxy Apps Others Web
Before introducing the Debug Tool in Craft 3, Craft CMS made you install a separate web-based application, Web-Console. You could run shell commands on your…CMS Galaxy Apps Others Web
Investors have the money, you have the idea, and the right pitch is the only thing that stands between you and them. But, pitches are…Galaxy Apps Others Product Development Web
“Personal data shall be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against…Galaxy Apps Others Web
Google recently announced Mobile-First Indexing after a year and half of extensive experimenting and testing. The search engine giant will start migrating sites that follow…App Developement Galaxy Apps Others Web
Social media networks are mode of social interaction. It is a platform of sharing and discussing information among human beings. Social media can include text,…Internet Marketing Social Media Web